My Camera Gear
As a nature photographer I use a wide range of gear, definitely more than is good for me! I photograph from macro to wide angle landscapes and wildlife. I haven't listed all my gear here, just the important stuff. Recently I have found that I prefer fewer lenses and less equipment, preferring to shoot with old favourites.
On any particular trip I will tend to try to focus on specific photographic goals and limit the equipment I carry to a minimum.
I use Canon cameras and at the moment I am shooting the Canon 5D mark iii and Canon 7D mark ii. I decided not to upgrade to the 5D mark iv or 1DX mark ii, feeling that they are not enough of a step up to warrant the change. Generally, I feel lenses are better buys than cameras and try not to get sucked into marketing hype.
My short-term gear goal is to move to a high-resolution body paired with my 400mm F2.8 lens for wildlife and the same body for Landscapes. Much as Nikon shooters are able to do with the D850. Come on Canon!!
- Gitzo GT2531
- Kirk Ball Head and 'L' Bracket
- Nodal Ninja 4 Panoramic Head
- 77mm Polarising Filter (Screw-on)
- Lee Graduated ND Filters and Landscape Polariser
- Canon 16-35mm F4 L IS Lens
- Canon 24-105mm F4 L IS Lens
- Canon TSE 24mm F3.5 L Lens
- Canon 100-400mm F4.5 - 5.6 L IS mark ii Lens
- Canon 400mm F2.8 L IS mark ii Lens
- Canon EFIII 1.4 & 2.0 Teleconverters
- Canon 600EX-RT Flash & Beamer