My Camera Gear
As a nature photographer I use a wide range of gear, definitely more than is good for me! I photograph from macro to wide angle landscapes and wildlife. I haven't listed all my gear here, just the important stuff. Recently I have found that I prefer fewer lenses and less equipment, preferring to shoot with old favourites.
On any particular trip I will tend to try to focus on specific photographic goals and limit the equipment I carry to a minimum.
I use Canon cameras and at the moment I am shooting the Canon 5D mark iii and Canon 7D mark ii. I decided not to upgrade to the 5D mark iv or 1DX mark ii, feeling that they are not enough of a step up to warrant the change. Generally, I feel lenses are better buys than cameras and try not to get sucked into marketing hype.
My short-term gear goal is to move to a high-resolution body paired with my 400mm F2.8 lens for wildlife and the same body for Landscapes. Much as Nikon shooters are able to do with the D850. Come on Canon!!
Landscapes & Astro
- Gitzo GT2531
- Kirk Ball Head and 'L' Bracket
- Nodal Ninja 4 Panoramic Head
- 77mm Polarising Filter (Screw-on)
- Lee Graduated ND Filters and Landscape Polariser
- Canon 16-35mm F4 L IS Lens
- Canon 24-105mm F4 L IS Lens
- Canon TSE 24mm F3.5 L Lens
- Samyang 24mm F1.4 Lens (Astrophotography - sadly dead)
- Gimpro Door Mount & Gimbal
- Canon 100-400mm F4.5 - 5.6 L IS mark ii Lens
- Canon 400mm F2.8 L IS mark ii Lens
- Canon EFIII 1.4 & 2.0 Teleconverters
- Canon 600EX-RT Flash & Beamer
- Ilford Delta 100
- Kodak Ektar, Portra & Tri-X
- Mamiya RZ67 Pro ii Medium Format